One of the main things that give beauty and adorn a house to perfection, is a lawn that looks green, healthy and well cared for, but… Having a lawn that reflects a beautiful meadow, that looks like a green carpet, that makes you just want to lie on it, and that looks uniform, is not so complicated to achieve, the way to achieve it is having a special lawn care, and here we will tell you how to take care of it, so you can feel proud of having an enviable lawn.
Tips to Keep Your Lawn in Great Shape No Matter the Season
Lawn care tasks
Let’s see what each of them means.
This work is necessary for a healthy lawn, since the compaction of the lawn on the ground prevents the roots from absorbing the necessary water.
This problem is aggravated when the soil is clayey, with this system of care, portions of soil are extracted to allow all the roots to efficiently fulfill the process of osmosis.
The top dressing
This is a procedure that consists of placing on the area where the lawn is located, an organic preparation with the objective of maintaining the humidity of the soil and making it healthier to provide health to the lawn, since weeds tend to grow on it.
Among the benefits that topdressing brings to lawn care, we can mention:
* Stability of soil temperature.
* Keeps the soil moist
* Prevents the penetration of sunlight.
* Prevents weed growth.
* Improves turf growth.
* Eliminates compaction.
* Prevents frost from reaching the grassroots during severe winter weather.
* Provides excellent qualities to the soil on which the lawn is located.
* Performing this process after aeration, the holes made are filled with this organic component, making it easier for the grass root to spread.
A factor of great importance to keep the lawn in an optimal state is watering, this type of plant requires water frequently, but despite this, care should be taken not to abuse irrigation.
This work should depend on the climate, transpiration and evaporation, the time of the year and the type of soil. On sunny days, watering should be avoided at times when the sun is strongest, since this causes burns on the grass blades, and the water will evaporate more easily.
An efficient watering technique should be abundant and with sufficient time interval between each watering, thus stimulating root growth and protecting the turf by providing resistance against drought.
As this process is essential to maintain the lawn care, it is good to know when and how it should be done, it consists of cutting the lawn with a machine called mower, there are several types, but regardless of this, making a proper mowing, provides a striking visual appearance, and an aesthetic that pleases the eyes of those who contemplate it.
A mowing well done, at the right time, and in the right way provides great benefits to the lawn, it becomes more vigorous and strong, having limits is its height, the grass blades compensate the length with strength and resistance.
Why should the lawn be mowed?
A lawn that is left to grow in excess, will tend to spike, this is a natural characteristic of this genus of plant, called grasses, the spiking causes the plant to direct its strength to produce grains in the spikes to generate seeds, this function produces a weakening in the rest of the plant and for this reason the leaves will dry out.
How to mow the lawn?
* First, the mowing area must be inspected to locate possible obstacles, stones, thick pieces of wood, and watering taps, since these objects hinder the mowing work, apart from the fact that hitting them with the blades of the mower will inevitably cause damage to the blades, these objects should be removed before starting the mowing, and in the case of the faucets, their location should be marked to be attentive.
* Check the condition of the mower blades, if they are not well sharpened, they will not cut, on the contrary, they will pull the blades causing tears in their tips, which will then look dry, disfiguring the aesthetics of the lawn.
* With the traction mower, mowing should be done at the pace set by the mower, if it does not have traction, the mowing is done at an appropriate pace so that no uncut grass is left behind where it is being cut.
* At the end of the mowing, use a rake to clean the grass that has been cut, since these residues will dry, giving an unpleasant visual aspect and causing diseases to the grass that remains alive.
* The height at which the lawn should be cut can be about 5 centimeters from the ground, in summer it is better to leave it a little longer, in this way it offers a better resistance to drought.
If you want the best in lawn care be sure to contact Cutting Edge today. We can provide excellent lawn care which can keep your lawn looking great!